|Music is a universal language that crosses borders and borders. Music transports emotions, it conveys personal hope and joy of life. SLS supports cross-border discovery and learning of music.|
Professional musicians from Friborg, Carole Collaud, flutist and Yvan Braillard, guitarist, join SLS in early 2013. They want to share their passion and work for peace in Lebanon and make their first trip in February where they multiply the interesting encounters. The project “Building bridges through music” was born. It consists of three components:
- Concerts in Switzerland or Lebanon
- Music Ensemble Workshops
- Music training for young people
Concerts in Switzerland or Lebanon:
Switzerland: Thank-you concerts to the many donors of SLS.
- 4th March 2013 at 18.30 in the Church of St. Justin in Friborg
- 3rd May 2013 at 19.30 in the Church in Stans
- 4th June 2013 at 20:00 in the Church in St-Maurice
- 9th June 2013 at 17h15 in the Church Einsiedeln
Lebanon: dates and locations to be confirmed in May 2013.
Bring music to where it is not (schools, parishes, villages, disadvantaged youth center, gypsy community, Palestinian camps …)
Music Ensemble Workshops:
Based on several experiences in Switzerland, Carole and Yvan have developed music workshops for all.
- Building bridges between religious communities through a common musical activity
- discover the music in a group and let it resonate within itself
- Forget everyday life while enjoying a moment of joy and sharing
Musical education for teens:
Carole and Yvan will conduct a first training course for young Lebanese in May 2013, fueled by the desire to instill and build peace in music. This course will serve as a basis to animate music workshops in different places to build bridges between people: schools, parishes, villages, hospitals, homes, etc.
After this small training, the youngsters will organize in groups of 3 or 4 people and carry out the music with instruments.
Conclusion: Carole and Yvan want to plant seeds in this fabulous country of Lebanon so that they can germinate, develop and bear fruit.